The Montreal Bridge League celebrates its 70th anniversary this year, and honors its co-founder Sam Gold. Click here to learn more about Sam Gold, an important person for the League and the bridge community.
See the program.
See the description of the events.
– Pairs: Duplicata
– Teams: Knock-out and Swiss
0-500 non-life master – Points at the tournament.
The winner of the Mac Paterson trophy is Jean-Pierre Longpré, who plays in various bridge clubs in the Montréal area and all tournaments from the MBL. See Awards – Mac Paterson Trophy.
On the ACBL website, when selecting “Live“, the different categories of tournaments are listed, then tournaments under each category. This tournament is under “Regionals/Montreal”. The results are posted in the minutes following the end of the sessions.
– Pairs events: Overall results (total of 2 sessions) and Leaderboard (1st session), recap, and hands played.
– Team events: Results per round and “Overall“.
How to read the results of the events in pairs?
– Clicking on« Recaps » gives the list of players North-South and East-West by section, with the results obtained.
– Clicking on « Scores » (far right) gives to a player, detailed information on all boards played: the contract, by whom, the results in score, IMPS and %.
– Clicking on the board number (left) shows the diagram of the hand, with contracts played by all the pairs, and the result in score, IMPS and %.
|08-08-19:30 Monday eve|
|08-09-10:00 Tuesday am||08-09-14:45 Tuesday pm||08-09-19:30 Tuesday eve|
|08-10-10:00 Wednesday am||08-10-14:45 Wednesday pm||08-10-19:30 Wednesday eve|
|08-11-10:00 Thursday am||08-11-14:45 Thursday pm||08-11-19:30 Thursday eve|
|08-12-10:00 Friday am||08-12-14:45 (1) Friday pm
|08-12-19:30 Friday eve|
|08-13-10:00 Saturday am||Saturday pm|
GINETTE MÉTHOT has been taking care of our partnership desk for a few years now. To assist her in finding you a suitable partner we suggest the following:
- Communicate with her by email as quickly as possible firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kindly provide:
– Name and phone number;
– Total masterpoints;
– Number of years of bridge experience;
– The sessions/events that you wish to play (event, date and times);
– Indication of what basic game you play (2/1, SAYC, other).
- Should you find a partner on your own or become unavailable for the session you requested kindly inform Ginette as soon as possible.
- You may also complete a partnership request card on site at our partnership desk located near the main playing room on the 2nd floor.
- We ask that you be present at the partnership desk at least 45 minutes before the session for which you are seeking a partner.
Ginette will be at the partnership desk 45 minutes before game time up until 15 minutes before game time.
Our best efforts will be made to find a suitable partner for you; however we are unable to guarantee a partner.
Ginette Méthot email@example.com
438 345-1441 or 514 683-4518
Read the text within the box above, and contact Ginette
Ginette Méthot firstname.lastname@example.org
438 345-1441 or 514 683-4518
All bridge players are welcome to the tournaments of the Montreal Bridge League. All players must register in the category that corresponds to their real level, whether they play in pairs or teams competitions.
- The right of a non-member of the ACBL to play in an event restricted by masterpoints is subject to approval by the director of the tournament, to include the player in the right category. Players must register in the stratum equivalent to their experience.
- A non-member who has attained a status at a given time can not subsequently play in a lower-level category.
- The tournament director may require a member to be part of a stratum or higher category than his/her number of points, if that member is deemed to have more points.
To the following persons and others for whom the spirit of the description applies, it is important to determine the number of masterpoints that corresponds to their experience:
- Non-members of the ACBL: they may be beginners with very limited experience or advanced players with a lot of experience.
- Members who are not in good standing: they may have a still active member number, and they may not have accumulated points for a certain period of time while continuing to play on a regular basis.
- Members whose ACBL points are well below their experience:
- experience acquired before becoming a member;
- little play in affiliated bridge clubs, but more in non-affiliated clubs, accumulating little master points;
- members who come back after a long hiatus, and that could not recover the points in their record;
- play on various websites;
- experience gained in other countries.
How to determine a number of masterpoints that corresponds to the experience?
- Assess the number of points that would have been obtained using the experience and frequency of play (eg. 30-50-100 per year).
- Another method could be to assign a number of points equivalent to those of partners if the level is similar, or adjust accordlingly if the experience is greater (or less).
The director of the tournament or the League can help clarify the situation.
The successful implementation of the ACBL rules is based on cooperation of all players. Compliance will be appreciated by playing partners and all players. Failing to register in the appropriate category, the concerned pair or team will become ineligible to the overall ranking of the event.
– Coffee included – before and during all bridge sessions
– Light snack after the evening session, from Monday to Friday.
22h15 in Gentilly Room, located on the 2nd floor near the main playing room.
Come enjoy a few moments in the company of fellow players, and share your best bridge stories in a relaxed setting.
Attend these interesting and educational seminars with top bridge players and personalities! At 14h00.
Saturday: Joey Silver, Confessions of a Bridge Addict
Tuesday: Frédéric Pollack, Entames basées sur les enchères
Wednesday: Martine Lacroix, Stratégie en paires et en équipes (MP vs IMPs)
Friday: Nicolas L’Écuyer, Les aventures de Nic
The Annual Meeting is a unique opportunity to take on the challenges and appreciate the achievements.
And who knows, maybe you’ll be tempted to get involved in one way or another.
The meeting will focus on last key activities, financial results and the MBL’s Action Plan. It’s also a great opportunity to ask questions and find out how your local Unit is supporting Bridge in our community.
Thursday 13h30 – room to be confirmed
A light snack and refreshments will be served.
Please note that this event will be held mostly in French. We will be answering questions and assisting in English when asked.
Follow the leaders every day!
2 trophies at the end of the tournament :
– GEORGE RETEK Trophy: to the player who has accumulated the highest number of points.
– MAC PATERSON Trophy: to the non Life Master player with less than 500 points, who has accumulated the highest number of points.
The list of leaders will be posted every morning. To be eligible, you must be a member of the ACBL.
Before each session of bridge, you can buy books and bridge material from Distributions GAF.
The Montreal Bridge League team consists primarily of volunteers. Your support is essential to the success of our events and bridge related programs.
If you are willing to give us a hand, we need help:
– in setting up the rooms before and during the tournament
– registration, specially on Tuesday morning
– hospitality in the evening
Contact Christine Bourbeau, indicating your preferences – (450) 687-4797 or email@example.com.
Also, we kindly ask and appreciate everyone’s cooperation in leaving a clean table, free of litter, and placing your chair back after each event.
More questions? Contact us!
firstname.lastname@example.org or 514-993-2221