NAP – North-American Pairs is a pairs competition across the ACBL. This highly prestigious tournament for players of all levels begins with a qualification sessions in bridge clubs, continues with the District Final in the fall, and ends with the ACBL final at the Spring NABC.
There are three flights:
A : Open
B : 0-2500
C : 0-500 non Life-Master
Flights are based on master points shown in the Bridge Bulletin of June 2018. The qualifying sessions in clubs are regular sessions. In the District Final and ACBL Final, each category is composed of players in this category: 3 separate flights.
Qualification period in bridge clubs
Several clubs hold qualifying sessions over the months of June, July and August. In these regular club sessions, players can get their qualification for the district final. Players can play as many qualifying sessions as they wish, and compete in the district final with the qualified player of their choice.
Each club can hold a good number of qualifying sessions during their regular games during these months. Check with your club for the dates they have selected or ask them to organize some.
- Instructions to clubs to report the NAP results: HERE.
- Instructions to players to verify if they qualified for the District finals: HERE.
District 1 Finals
- 3 flights, 1 section per flight. You only play against players in your flight.
- All players that have qualified can play in the event.
- The two players of the pair may not have played together in the qualification games in bridge clubs.
- All players at the District final must be ACBL members in good standing at the time of play in the final.
- Pairs may play in their own category or in a higher one. “B” players qualified in flight “A” can play in flights “A” or “B”. “C” players qualified in flights “A” or “B” can play in flights “A” or “B” or “C”.
- District finals award master points at a regional tournament level – part Gold and part Red.
- The top pairs from each flight may represent District 1 at the ACBL finals. Flights B and C: 4 pairs, 2 from each portion of the District. Flight A: 3 pairs total. See the Conditions of Contest – District 1 for the selection of the pairs to represent District 1.
- Conditions of Contest 2018-2019 – ACBL.
WESTERN portion of District 1: for the qualified players of the following units: Montréal Bridge League (151), Eastern Ontario and the Outaouais Bridge Association (192), Ligue de bridge de Québec (152), Ligue de bridge du Saguenay (199).
SUNDAY OCTOBER 14th, 2018 – 10:30 (2 sessions)
Club de bridge Le Mirage
9001 boul. de l’Acadie
Montréal, Qc H4N 3H5
(entrance through rear parking)
- 2 sessions starting at 10h30 am, lunch break between the two sessions.
- All categories: 3 separate sessions, 1 for each category.
- For the 2 sessions: 25$ per person (50$ per team). Half price for students under 25.
- General Chart. Mid-Chart will be allowed in the Open Flight.
EASTERN portion of District 1: for the qualified players of the 2 units in Maritimes: New-Brunswick and Prince-Edouard-Island (230), Nova Scotia and Newfoundland (194). Locations and dates.
NABC in Memphis, in March 2019 – March 21-31
Flight A on Wednesday and Thursday (March 20 and 21), and Flights B and C on Sunday and Monday (March 24 and 25).
NAP Coordinator for the Montreal Bridge League and District 1
Louise Mascolo – firstname.lastname@example.org