NAP – North-American Pairs is a pairs competition across the ACBL. This highly prestigious tournament for players of all levels begins with a qualification sessions in bridge clubs, continues with the District Final in the fall, and ends with the ACBL final at the Spring NABC.
There are three flights:
A : Open
B : 0-2500
C : 0-500 non Life-Master
Flights are based on master points shown in the Bridge Bulletin of June 2018. The qualifying sessions in clubs are regular sessions. In the District Final and ACBL Final, each category is composed of players in this category: 3 separate flights.
Qualification period in bridge clubs
Severoral clubs hold qualifying sessions over the months of June, July and August. At the end of each session, players who have qualified are eligible to participate in the district finals. Players can play as many qualifying sessions as they wish, and compete in the district final with a qualified partner of their choice.
Each club can hold a good number of qualifying sessions during their regular games during these months. Check with your club for the dates they have selected or ask them to organize some.
- Instructions to clubs to report the NAP results: HERE.
- Instructions aux joueurs pour vérifier leur qualification: ICI.
District 1 Finals
- 3 flights, 1 section per flight. You only play against players in your flight.
- All players that have qualified can play in the event.
- The two players of the pair may not have played together in the qualification games in bridge clubs.
- All players at the District final must be ACBL members in good standing at the time of play in the final.
- Pairs may play in their own category or in a higher one. “B” players qualified in flight “A” can play in flights “A” or “B”. “C” players qualified in flights “A” or “B” can play in flights “A” or “B” or “C”.
- From each final, the top 1 pair from flight A and the top 2 pairs from flights B and C may represent the district at the ACBL final. A 3rd Flight A pair will be selected by the District 1 NAP Coordinator.
- District finals award master points at a regional tournament level – part Red and part Gold.
- Conditions of Contest – District 1: selection of the pairs to represent District 1 (East of Canada) at the ACBL finals, including details on subsidies from the ACBL.
- Conditions of Contest 2018-2019 – ACBL.
WESTERN portion of District 1: for the qualified players of the following units: Montréal Bridge League (151), Eastern Ontario and the Outaouais Bridge Association (192), Ligue de bridge de Québec (152), Ligue de bridge du Saguenay (199).
SUNDAY SATURDAY 13th, 2018
Club de bridge Le Mirage
9001 boul. de l’Acadie
Montréal, Qc H4N 3H5
(entrance through rear parking)
- 2 sessions starting at 10h30 am, lunch break between the two sessions.
- All categories: 3 separate sessions, 1 for each category.
- For the 2 sessions: 20$ per person (40$ per team). 15$ per person for players from outside the Montréal Bridge League (Unit 151). Half price for students under 25.
- 2 pairs of flights B and C and 1 pair in flight A may represent the district at the ACBL in March 2018.
- General Chart. Mid-Chart will be allowed in the Open Flight.
EASTERN portion of District 1: for the qualified players of the 2 units in Maritimes: New-Brunswick and Prince-Edouard-Island (230), Nova Scotia and Newfoundland (194). Location and date to be confirmed.
NABC in Memphis, in March 2019 – March 21-31
Flight A on Wednesday and Thursday (March 20 and 21), and Flights B and C on Sunday and Monday (March 24 and 25).
NAP Coordinator for the Montreal Bridge League and District 1
Louise Mascolo – firstname.lastname@example.org