The winning pairs for the District 1 final – West:
Group A – Open
Robert Morin and Serge Hamelin
Kamel Fergani and Frederic Pollack
Group B – less than 2500 MPs
Robert Guérard and André Blanchet
Chantal Dubé and Louise Berthiaume
Groupe C – less than 500 MPs, non-life master
Anne-Marie Dwane and Beatrix Oram
Norma Fajardo-Solache and Irma Lopez-Solache
Congratulations to you all, and all those who have participated in this event. These pairs will have the opportunity to represent our district at the ACBL final in March 2017 in Kansas City.
Note: the hands played at 10h00
NAP – North-American Pairs is a pairs competition across the ACBL. This highly prestigious tournament begins with a qualification period in bridge clubs, continues with the District Final in the fall, and ends with the ACBL final at the Spring NABC.
In that pairs competition, the categories are:
A : Open
B : 0-2500
C : 0-500 non Life-Master
Flights are based on masterpoints shown in the Bridge Bulletin of June 2016.
There are many qualification sessions in bridge clubs, during the months of June, July and August. Each club is allowed a good number of qualification sessions during their regular games in these months.
The District final (West part of the district) will be held on SATURDAY NOVEMBER 5th.
Club de bridge Le Mirage
9001 boul. de l’Acadie
Montréal, Qc H4N 3H5
- 2 sessions starting at 10h00 am, lunch break between the two sessions.
- 20$ per player – 40$ per pair.
- Should end at around 17h30 pm.
- 3 flights, one for each category.
- This list of qualified players contains the names of players who qualified in bridge clubs from the MBL. Qualified members of other units in Québec and Eastern Ontario are invited to participate. Members from the Maritimes have a separate final.
- Only players that have qualified can play in the event.
- The two players of the pair may not have played together in the qualification games in bridge clubs.
- All players at the District final must be ACBL members in good standing at the time of play in the final.
- Pairs may play in their own category or in a higher one. “B” players qualified in flight “A” can play in flights “A” or “B”. “C” players qualified in flights “A” or “B” can play in flights “A” or “B” or “C”.
2 pairs from each category will earn the right to represent the district at the ACBL final. The ACBL final will take place in Kansas City, during the Spring NABC in March 2017: Flight A playing on Wednesday and Thursday (March 8 and 9), and Flights B and C playing on Sunday and Monday (March 12 and 13).
Selection of the pairs to represent District 1 (East of Canada) at the ACBL final, including details on subsidies from the ACBL.
See also the Subsidy Policy from the Montreal Bridge League.
In the East part of the District, the final will be held on Saturday October 29 in Monction for flight B, and in on Saturday November 5 in Halifax for flights A et C.
Coordinator of the event for the Montreal Bridge League and District 1
Louise Mascolo – firstname.lastname@example.org