The Montreal Bridge League supports the Zero Tolerance program put forward by the ACBL. This Program aims to provide a pleasant environment during the bridge sessions and promote good behavior.
- Say hello to everyone. You might make someone’s day.
- Introduce yourself to people you don’t know. They may be your next good friends.
- Be ponctual. If you’re late, you make others late, too.
- Acknowledge good play by the opponents. An appreciative nod lets them know their skill has not gone unnoticed.
- Smile often. You will brighten the room considerably.
- Be understanding. Everybody makes mistakes.
- Be kind. You will never like everybody, but you can be cordial to all.
- Nobody likes to lose. Practice grace under fire.
- Respect the directors. They are here for you.
- Helothose with less experience. We all were beginners at some point.
- Look forward to the next deal. Dwelling on the last hand wastes time.
- Value your partner. He’s the only one in the room on your side.
- Keep your priorities straight. Diamonds are great, but hearts are much more valuable.
- Grace is good. Nobody likes a boastful winner.
- Save your analysis and lessons for the postmortem. It would be a shame to have nothing to talk about after the game.
- Enjoy! You can’t win all the time, but you can always have fun.
American Contract Bridge League
Thanks to Dean Congbalay, Longboat Key FL