The GNT is a team competition that concludes with a final at the NABC in the summer, with one team per district (25) for each of the 4 categories defined. The NABC will be held in Toronto this summer.
Our district (District 1) holds its finals soon, for the selection of the teams:
- Montreal: Open and B. Sunday April 2nd at Bridge Québec club in Laval, 10:30.
- Halifax: A and C. Saturday May 13 at Bridge Studio,10:30.
These district and ACBL finals are divided into 4 distinct categories:
- Open: unlimited number of points.
- A: less than 6000 points (each)
- B: less than 2500 points (each)
- C: less than 500 points, non life master (each)
Any team may compete in the finals of the district without prior qualification. In the finals at the Bridge Québec Club, B teams will consist of players with less than 2500 points each. Teams where one player has more than 2500 points must play in the Open group.
It will be a great day of bridge, Swiss format (equivalent of 2 sessions). Do not you think of going to Toronto if you qualify? Come still play, for the pleasure of the competition and the pleasure of playing as a team.
Modalities are in place to replace and add players to the team for the ACBL final in Toronto.