Competitive bridge in a pleasant atmosphere, and playing in the club of your choice. Play against players and teams from the Montéal Bridge League, and participate in an enriching experience by refining your game IMPs and Teams strategies.
New this year : a stratified ranking A and B.
The MBL – Teams of 4 begin with a round robin between registered teams, ending with playoffs between the top four teams, from which two teams will represent the League in a match against Toronto’s teams. This Inter-City competition has been around for over 50 years.
- Teams may consist of 4 to 10 players.
- The matches will start mid-November.
- All teams compete one against the other during the season, regardless of their category.
- A team is of category B if no player on the team has more than 2500 master points as of October 1st 2016, or if the average number of masterpoints of the team does not exceed 2000 to that date.
- At the end of the regular season, the top four teams compete in a semi-final, aiming to select the two teams that will represent Montreal in the Inter-City game against the two teams from Toronto.
- The first two B teams of the regular season will compete for the final against B. If a B team (or more) ranks among the top 4 teams of the regular season, the team will have the choice of making the playoffs A or B. The winners of category B will win a few entries to the 2017 Can-Am.
End date: October 1st 2016
Fee: 150$ per team, cheque payable to Montreal Bridge League
Contact: Marc-Andre Fourcaudot firstname.lastname@example.org
Info required: Captain and team members names
Phone number & email address (captain)
ACBL member numbers for all players
RULES AND REGULATIONS
The full text of the rules and regulations will posted soon (in French).