Ginette Méthot – firstname.lastname@example.org
GOOD TO KNOW:
Novice and intermediate players particularly appreciate the following events:
– Duplicata Pairs 0-299
– Gold Rush, where all players have less than 750 points
– Bracketed Swiss, where the groups are composed of teams with a number of equivalent points
Descriptions of events: Click here
GINETTE MÉTHOT has been taking care of our partnership desk for a few years now. To assist her in finding you a suitable partner we suggest the following:
- Communicate with her by email as quickly as possible email@example.com
- Kindly provide:
– Name and phone number;
– Total masterpoints;
– Number of years of bridge experience;
– The sessions/events that you wish to play (event, date and times);
– Indication of what basic game you play (2/1, SAYC, other).
- Should you find a partner on your own or become unavailable for the session you requested kindly inform Ginette as soon as possible.
- You may also complete a partnership request card on site at our partnership desk located near the main playing room on the 2nd floor.
- We ask that you be present at the partnership desk at least 45 minutes before the session for which you are seeking a partner.
Ginette will be at the partnership desk 45 minutes before game time up until 15 minutes before game time.
Our best efforts will be made to find a suitable partner for you; however we are unable to guarantee a partner.
Ginette Méthot firstname.lastname@example.org
Read the text within the box above, and contact Ginette
Ginette Méthot email@example.com
- $ 15 per session, including free parking, coffee and tea, and much more … A «Swiss» event is considered as a 2-session event.
- Half price for students throughout the tournament
- + $ 4 additional for ACBL members whose membership fees are not current.
- Players who have never been members of the ACBL are required to join on an annual basis (60$)or join on a new temporary 1-month membership for $ 10. The temporary membership will allow to play all sessions without further supplement during the tournament. The $ 10 will be credited if the annual subscription is taken before the end of the following month, by applying through the ACBL website.
All bridge players are welcome to the tournaments of the Montreal Bridge League. All players must register in the category that corresponds to their real level, whether they play in pairs or teams competitions.
- The right of a non-member of the ACBL to play in an event restricted by master points is subject to approval by the director of the tournament, to include the player in the right category. Players must register in the stratum equivalent to their experience.
- A non-member who has attained a status at a given time can not subsequently play in a lower-level category.
- The tournament director may require a member to be part of a stratum or higher category than his/her number of points, if that member is deemed to have more points.
To the following persons and others for whom the spirit of the description applies, it is important to determine the number of master points that corresponds to their experience:
- Non-members of the ACBL: they may be beginners with very limited experience or advanced players with a lot of experience.
- Members who are not in good standing: they may have a still active member number, and they may not have accumulated points for a certain period of time while continuing to play on a regular basis.
- Members whose ACBL points are well below their experience:
- experience acquired before becoming a member;
- little play in affiliated bridge clubs, but more in non-affiliated clubs, accumulating little master points;
- members who come back after a long hiatus, and that could not recover the points in their record;
- play on various websites;
- experience gained in other countries.
How to determine a number of masterpoints that corresponds to the experience?
- Assess the number of points that would have been obtained using the experience and frequency of play (eg. 30-50-100 per year).
- Another method could be to assign a number of points equivalent to those of partners if the level is similar, or adjust accordlingly if the experience is greater (or less).
The director of the tournament or the League can help clarify the situation.
The successful implementation of the ACBL rules is based on cooperation of all players. Compliance will be appreciated by playing partners and all players. Failing to register in the appropriate category, the concerned pair or team will become ineligible to the overall ranking of the event.
Detailed Results of each event are posted within minutes at the end of the events on ACBL-Live, and General Results are posted at the end of the tournament on ACBL-Tournaments.
After each event results are forwarded immediately to you by email or texto if your profile contains this information.
How to register to receive results directly from the ACBL
If you do not receive the results and wish to get them with these modes of communication, check the information on your profile on the ACBL website.
1- Begin by checking the information in the profile:
- Go to “MyACBL Portal” (at the top right corner of the home page of the ACBL website).
- This leads to a page that provides various informations about the status.
- On the top, in the middle, click on “Update My Information”.
- Click on “Update my Contact Information”.
- Complete the “Cell Phone” et “E-Mail Address” boxes, depending on your preferences: one or both.
2- Adjust the “Privacy Settings”:
- To the left, locate the “Privacy Settings” (under “Membership”)
- Click “SUBSCRIBE” for the first 2 items. A check mark in the 1st box will have the effect of receiving the results by e-mail, whereas a check mark in the 2nd box will have the effect of receiving them by text.
– Free parking
– Coffee, the and apples.
3 trophies to recognize the performance of the players!
- GEORGE RETEK Trophy: to the player who accumulates the most points during the tournament.
- MAC PATERSON Trophy: to the non Life Master player with less than 500 points, who accumulates the highest number of points during the tournament.
- SAM GOLD Trophy: to the player who accumulates the most points in Duplicata Pairs during the tournament.
To be eligible, you must be a member of the ACBL.
Tournament chair: Denis Ouellette