Partnership: Write an email to Martin Forget
- Price for one session is on the flyer and includes parking, coffee and tea, and some threats ($ 6 for students, less than 25). A «Swiss» event is considered as a 2-session event.
- + $4 for ACBL members whose membership fees are not current.
- Players should have and ACBL number.
All bridge players are welcome to the tournaments of the Montreal Bridge League. All players must register in the category that corresponds to their real level, whether they play in pairs or teams competitions.
- Players must register in the stratum equivalent to their experience.
- A non-member who has attained a status at a given time can not subsequently play in a lower-level category.
- The tournament director may require a member to be part of a stratum or higher category than his/her number of points, if that member is deemed to have more points.
To the following persons and others for whom the spirit of the description applies, it is important to determine the number of master points that corresponds to their experience:
- Non-members of the ACBL: they may be beginners with very limited experience or advanced players with a lot of experience.
- Members who are not in good standing: they may have a still active member number, and they may not have accumulated points for a certain period of time while continuing to play on a regular basis.
- Members whose ACBL points are well below their experience:
- experience acquired before becoming a member;
- little play in affiliated bridge clubs, but more in non-affiliated clubs, accumulating little master points;
- members who come back after a long hiatus, and that could not recover the points in their record;
- play on various websites;
- experience gained in other countries.
How to determine a number of masterpoints that corresponds to the experience?
- Assess the number of points that would have been obtained using the experience and frequency of play (eg. 30-50-100 per year).
- Another method could be to assign a number of points equivalent to those of partners if the level is similar, or adjust accordingly if the experience is greater (or less).
The director of the tournament or the League can help clarify the situation.
The successful implementation of the ACBL rules is based on cooperation of all players. Compliance will be appreciated by playing partners and all players. Failing to register in the appropriate category, the concerned pair or team will become ineligible to the overall ranking of the event.
Tournament chair: Normand Houle / (514) 712-8553
Send an email to Normand