Joining the ACBL is the most concrete way of reaching all Montreal Bridge League players. By joining the ACBL, you automatically become a member of the League.
- Receive the Bridge Bulletin monthly magazine which covers a wealth of topics such as bidding, play, and defence. It includes articles for players of all levels, games and quizes, commentaries and all the relevant information related to the main tournaments;
- See your achievements recognized by being credited masterpoints on a monthly basis;
- Be awarded titles, including the coveted Life Master, that allow you to compare yourself to players of the same level as you and, during a tournament, to play against people of the same calibre;
- Access your online account in which, among other features, you will find a record of all the information regarding your masterpoints;
- Hear about the 3,200 affiliated bridge clubs and 1,100 tournaments held each year in North America;
- Get a discount when you take part in ACBL tournaments;
- Take advantage of a variety of online learning tools, customized for different levels, such as:
- The weekly analysis of a bridge hand;
- More than 100 beginner- and intermediate-level articles organized by topic;
- A free software to learn and improve your bridge;
- An entire section dedicated to learning and improving your bridge;
- A description of the main conventions in use.
- Take an exclusive part in the most exciting annual pairs competition, the North American Pairs (NAP). This competition, which takes place across North America, gives you the opportunity to meet players of your skill level. The winners represent Eastern Canada in a national ACBL tournament and are eligible for a subsidy;
- Join an active and dynamic community with over 167,000 members across North America.
You’d like to join the ACBL and take advantage of the many benefits and services offered exclusively to its members? It’s easy!
There are 3 ways for you to become a registered ACBL member:
- Complete the registration form available in all ACBL-affiliated clubs.
- You will immediately receive your membership card and an ACBL number.
- If you have earned masterpoints in the months preceding your registration, the club will be able to inform the ACBL to ensure that they are credited to your account.
- Ask the ACBL tournament director for a form.
- Fill in the form on the ACBL website.
Membership for new members costs around $60* CAD for 1 year and $145 for 3 years, to which you can add a Canadian Bridge Federation membership for an additional $18* CAD per year.
* Rates subject to change
When you first become a member, you will be awarded 1 free entry for each of the 4 tournaments the Montreal Bridge League organizes in a year. These entries are worth approximately the cost of joining the ACBL membership for the first year.